Cometary dust (a bibliography 1976-1999)
This page is being developed by D.Semenov within the project "Optics and dynamics of cometary dust" supported by the "Universities of Russia - Fundamental Researches" research grant program of the Russian federal goverment.
- A.C.Levasseur-Regourd and H.Hasegawa (eds.), Origin and Evolution of Interplanetary Dust, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.
- Z.Sekanina, I.Halliday and B.A.McIntosh (eds.), Solid Particles in the Solar System, 1980.
- Optical propirties of cometary dust, by David J.Lein, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.
- Scattering properties of cometary dust based on polarimetric data, by Sonoyo Mukai, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.
- Cometary dust and interplanetary particles, by T.Mukai, Editrice Compositori-Bologna, 1990.
- Polarimetric observation of comet Hale-Bopp, by Yu.N.Gnedin, PAZH, 25, 1999.
- All comet are born equal:IR emission by dust as a key to comet nucleus composition, by J.Mayo.Greenberg, A.Li, Plant. & Sp. Sci, 47, 787-795, 1999.
- The preperihelion dust environment of C/1995 O1 Hale-Bopp from 13 to 4 AU, by M.Fulle, AJ, 116, 1470-1477, 1998.
- The temporal development of the preperihelion IR SED of comet Hyakutake, by C.G.Mason, AJ, 507, 398-403, 1998.
- The dust properties of a short period comet: comet P/Borrelly, by A.Li, J.Mayo.Greenberg, A&A, 338, 364-370, 1998.
- From IS grains to comets: IR emission from comet Hale-Bopp (C/1995 O1), by A.Li, J.Mayo.Greenberg, ApJ, 498, 83-87, 1998.
- Polarimetry & Photometry of comet C/1996 B2 Hyakutake, by N.N.Kisilev, Icarus, 133, 286-292, 1998.
- IR observation of comets by COBE, by C.M.Lisse, AJ, 496, 971-991, 1998.
- Narrowband Photometry of comet P/Halley: Variations with Hel. distance, season, and solar phase angle, by David G.Schleicher, Icarus, 132, 397-417, 1998.
- Making of comet nucleus, by J.Mayo Greenberg, Astron.Astrophys., 330, 375-380, 1998.
- Formation of refractory grains in Shoemaker-Levy 9 fireballs, by A.James Friedson, Icarus, 131, 179-197, 1998.
- Polarimetric observations of the comet Hale-Bopp, by S.Ganesh, Astron.Astrophys.Suppl.Ser., 129, 489-493, 1998.
- The detection of water ice in comet Hale-Bopp, by John K. Davies, Icarus, 127, 238-245, 1997.
- Properties of cometary dust from color and polarisation, by L.Kolokolova, Icarus, 126, 351-361, 1997.
- Spectral survey of the comet Halley atmosphere during an occultation of a star, by H.K.Nazarchuk, Astron.Nachr., 318, 45-50, 1997.
- A model for the changing pore structure and dust grain size distribution in a porous comet nucleus, by Shoshani, Icarus, 126, 342-350, 1997.
- A polarization study of comet Hyakutake (C/1996 B2), by U.C.Joshi et al., A&A, 319, 694-698, 1997.
- Imaging photometry and color of comet Shoemaker-Levy 9, by G.P.Chernova et al., Icarus, 121, 38-45, 1996.
- Polarimetric CCD imaging of comet 47P/Ashbrook-Jackson and variability of polarization in the inner coma of comets, by J.-B.Renard et al., A&A, 316, 263-269, 1996.
- Dust colors, dust release rates, and dust-to-gas ratios in the comae of six comets, by G.C.Sanzovo, Astron.Astrophys. Suppl.Ser., 120, 301-311, 1996.
- Dust spatial distribution and radial profile in Halley's inner coma, by B.Goidet-Devel, Icarus, 126, 78-106, 1997.
- Evidence for two class of comets from their polarimetric properties at large phase angles, by A.C.Levasseur-Regourd, Astron.Astrophys., 313, 327-333, 1996.
- The ensemble propirties of comet: Results from narrow band photometry of 85 comets, 1976-1992, by Michael F. A'Hearn, Icarus, 118, 223-270, 1995.
- Photometry & polarimetry of comet Shoemaker-Levy, by G.P.Chernova, Planet. Space.Sci., 42, 623-625, 1994.
- Comets Okazaki-Levy-Rudenko (1989XIX) and Levy (1990XX): Polarimetry and stellar occultations, by Vera K. Rosenbush, Icarus, 108, 81-91, 1994.
- IR observations of comet Austin (1990 V) by the COBE/DIRBE experiment, by C.M.Lisse et al., ApJ, 432, 71-74, 1994.
- Polarimetric characteristic of dust particles as observed in 13 comets: Comparison with asteroids, by G.P.Chernova, Icarus, 103, 144-158, 1993.
- Comets as reflection of interstellar medium chemistry, by J.Mayo.Greenberg, Osama M.Shalabiea, IAU 1994 (Ast., Com., Meteors, 1993)
- Polarization studies of comet Austin, by N.Eaton et al., MNRAS, 258, 384-386, 1992.
- Polarimetric CCD imaging of comet Levy, by J.B.Renard, Ann.Geophysicae, 10, 288-292, 1992.
- Polarimetric properties of comet Austin, by A.K.Sen et al., MNRAS, 253, 738-742, 1991.
- Spectropolarimetry of comet Halley, by N.Visvanathan, Z.Meglick,D.T.Wickramasinghe, in Origin and Evolution of Interplanetary Dust", by A.C.Levasseur-Regourd and H.Hasegawa, Kluwer, 1991.
- Scattering properties of cometary dust based on polarimetric data, by S.Mukai et al., ibid.
- The dust in coma of comet Halley, by Joniek I.Hage, J.Mayo.Greenberg, ibid.
- Spatial distribution and color of dust in Halley's inner coma, by J.Clairmidi et al., ibid.
- Polarimetric properties of Halley's dust, by A.K.Sen et al., ibid.
- Comets as a source of interplanetary and interstellar grains, by F.Hoyle,N.C.Wickramasinghe, ibid.
- From interstellar dust to comets to comets dust: a test of the interstellar dust model of comet, by J.Mayo Greenberg, Kluwer academic Publishers, 1991.
Some more references were obtained from
- From interstellar dust to comet dust and interplanetary particles, by J.Mayo Greenberg, IAU, 1989.
- Interstellar dust as the source of organic molecules in comet Halley, by J.Mayo Greenberg, Adv. Space Res., 9, 13-22, 1989.
- Optical polarimetry of P/Halley: synthesis of measurements in the continuum, by A.Dollfus et al., A&A, 206, 348-356, 1988.
- Nature of dust grains in comets, by K.S.Krishna Swamy, G.A.Shah, MNRAS, 233, 573-579, 1988.
- Linear and circular polarization of comet Halley light, by N.G.Beskrovnaja, Symposium on the Diversity and Similarity of Comets, 6-9 April 1987, Brussels.
- Comet P/Halley: implifications of the mass distribution function for the photopolarimetric properties of the dust coma, by P.I.Lamy,et al., A&A, 187, 767-773, 1987.
- Polarimetry of comet P/Halley, by S.Kikuchi et al., A&A, 187, 689-692, 1987.
- Polarimetry of grains in the coma of P/Haley I.Observations, by A.Dollfus, J.-L.Suchail, A&A, 187, 669-688, 1987.
- Observations of comet P/Halley at minimum phase angle, by K.J.Meech, D.C.Jewitt, A&A, 187, 585-593, 1987.
- Linear polarization observations of P/Halley, by P.Bastien et al., MNRAS, 223, 827-834, 1986.
- Cometary grain scattering versus wavelength, or, "What color is comet dust?", by D.Jewitt, K.J.Meech, ApJ, 310, 937-952, 1986.
- The origin and evolution of comet nuclei and comet Halley results, by J.Mayo Greenberg, Proc. 20th ESLAB Symposium on the Exploration of Halley's comet, 1986.
- Polarization of comets at small phase angles, by Roy.V.Myers, Icarus, 63, 206-216, 1985.
- A comparison of the dust properties in recent periodic comets, by Martha S. Hanner, Adv. Space Res., 4,N9, 189-196, 1984.
- Spectropolarimetry of comet Austin and Churyumov-Gerasimenko, by Roy.V.Myers, Kenneth H.Nordsieck, Icarus, 58, 431-439, 1984.
- Spectrophotometry of comet Schwassmann-Wachmann 1, its color and CO+ emission, by A.L.Cochran, AJ, 254, 816-822, 1982.
- A multi-fluid of an H2O-dominated dusty cometary atmosphere, by M.L.Marconi, The Moon & Planets, 27, 431-452, 1982.
- Optical polarimetry of comet West 1976 VI, by Joseph J.Michalsky, Icarus, 47, 388-396, 1981.
- Substances of cometary grains estimated from evaporation and radiation pressure mechanism, by Keiji Saito, Icarus, 47, 351-360, 1981
- On the particle-size distribution function of cometary dust, by Z.Sekanina, I.Halliday and B.A.McIntosh (eds.), Solid Particles in the Solar System, 251-254, 1980.
- Polarization of the head of comet 1976 VI West, by Syuzo Isobe, Publ.Astron.Soc.Japan, 30, 687-690, 1978.
- IR observations of comet West (1975n). I. Observational results, by Masayuki Oishi et al., Publ.Astron.Soc.Japan, 30, 149-159, 1978.
- IR observation of comet West (1975n). II. A model of the cometary dust, by Masayuki Oishi, Publ.Astron.Soc.Japan, 30, 161-171, 1978.
- Comet West and the scattering function of cometary dust, by Edward P. Ney, Science, 194, 1051-1053, 1976.
- SEDS gives access to a nice collection of comet photos.
- STScI also provides to nice photos of comets.
- Our favourite photos
Created by V.I.
Last modified: 01/12/99, V.I.